Red, White, & Barbecue
Red, White & Barbecue... One of the main ways The Fourth of July is celebrated in America is through fireworks and grilling. Every year thousands are injured by unsafely handling grills. Here at SERVPRO of Birmingham we care about fun and safety: therefore, we are giving you a few do's and don'ts when grilling, that way you can stay safe and grill your favorite meal at the same time.
What TO DO when grilling:
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house.
- Clean your grill regularly, this will decrease the amount of fuel the grill would have if there was ever a fire.
- Check for gas leaks.
- Keep decorations like umbrellas or plants away from your grill.
- Keep a bottle of water near your grill just in case it is ever needed.
What NOT To Do when grilling:
- Don't turn the gas on when the lid is closed: this causes gas to build up.
- Never leave a grill unattended.
- Overload the grill with food.
- Never use a grill indoors.
- Do not panic if an emergency occurs, instead call SERVPRO.
- Keep safety always at the forefront of your mind.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Water Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Water Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Water Inspection, Extraction, and Drying Equipment