Is your Home Ready for Summer Storms?
Summer is a great time to enjoy the outdoors and spend time with family and friends. However, it’s also a time when summer storms can wreak havoc on your home. Our team has put together a few tips on how to prepare your home for summer storms and what to do if you need water mitigation from water damage. Preparing Your Home for Summer Storms
- Check Your Roof: Ensure your roof is in good condition by inspecting for any signs of damage or wear and tear. Any leaks or damage can lead to water damage during storms. Hire a professional to perform a thorough inspection and make any necessary repairs.
- Clean Your Gutters: Clogged gutters can lead to water damage as water can overflow and seep into your home. Make sure to clean your gutters and downspouts to avoid this issue.
- Trim Trees and Shrubs: Trim any branches that may be hanging over your roof or near your windows. High winds and lightning can cause these branches to fall and cause significant damage.
- Secure Outdoor Furniture: Strong winds can easily move or damage your outdoor furniture. Secure or store them away during storms.
- Install Storm Shutters: Installing storm shutters on your windows and doors can provide an additional layer of protection during summer storms.
- Contact a Professional: If your home suffers from water damage, it’s important to contact a professional water mitigation company such as SERVPRO Team Wilson. They have the necessary equipment and expertise to quickly and effectively mitigate the damage.
- Assess the Damage: The water mitigation team will assess the damage and provide a plan of action to remediate the damage.
- Begin Mitigation: The water mitigation team will then begin the mitigation process, which may include water extraction, drying, and dehumidification.
- Restoration: Once the mitigation process is complete, the restoration process can begin. This may include repairing any damage, replacing any damaged materials, and restoring your home to its pre-damage condition.